Saturday, June 14, 2014

George Knows Review

Title: George Knows
Author: Mindy Mymudes

When a magical basset hound, George, meets 12 year old greenwitch Karly, he takes it upon himself to protect and train her. The two soon get caught up in a murder investigation though, which they then have to solve. And how does saving the park fit into all of this?

I love stories involving magic and witches. One of my favorite thing about kids' books is how there's a lot of room to play around with fantasy elements like magic and guardian basset hounds. I also love how there's also plenty of room to create magical worlds within our own mundane world.

George Knows is written from the point of view of a basset hound named George. In my opinion, this makes the story fun in a lot of different ways. George sort of sees himself as Karly's teacher yet he cannot always easily communicate with her which makes training her at times both frustrating for George and funny for the reader.

George Knows is a fun kid's story filled with magic, adventure and mystery. It is also a very well written and engaging story. Even as an adult I found the story to be gripping and engaging. The characters are well developed and consistent, and the plot is interesting and attention holding throughout the entire book. I would recommend this book for grade school kids. I know I would have loved when I was younger!

You can find this book online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo Books and itunes.

Rating: 5 our of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment