Monday, June 3, 2013

The Lavender Herbal Review

Title: The Lavender Herbal: An Introduction Into Basic Herbal Medicine for the Budding Herbalist
Author: Sandra Glenn

This is a very good book for beginner herbalists or anyone who has an interest in herbalism and does not know how to get started. I'm already a bit of a gardener but now my interest in this area has grown and I'm excited to keep reading more about herbalism.

This book was a great introduction. It provides an overview and tips on choosing herbs, how to store herbs, the different types of remedies used among herbalists, safety concerns and more. I'm especially happy that there were warnings and safety tips throughout the book.

I decided to get the paperback version of the book, and I was worried at first because it felt thin but there is a lot of useful information in the book. I'm a bit disappointed in B&N though because when I got the book, the cover was slightly bent.

This book won't tell you everything there is to know about herbalism but it can provide you with a starting point. There's also a helpful list in the back of books and website to check out for farther information.

No comments:

Post a Comment