Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sweet Peril Review

Title: Sweet Peril Review (The Sweet Trilogy #2)
Author: Wendy Higgins
Get the Book: Amazon | Barnes and Noble

I finally got around to finishing Sweet Peril. To be honest, I was not feeling this book as much as I was the first book and I really enjoyed the first book. A lot of other readers and reviewers are saying they loved the second book and that it even blow the first book away. That wasn't really the case with me. I am still not sure if I am going to pick up the third book or not.

Sweet Peril picks up where Sweet Evil left off. Kai and Anna have broken up and now Anna has to put together a team of Nephs in order to stop the demons and end things once in for all.

I think one of the reasons why I was not as into this book as I was the first book is because the whole book was Anna getting allies and putting together a team. It was all preparation. The book started to get interesting again towards the end though. Sure, it was interesting to read about Anna and Kope going to Syria to meet Z, and I did enjoy reading the book overall, but the rest was not as exciting.

Anna spends some time talking with her dad and getting a cool sword. Anna is pretty accepting and trusting of her dad despite the fact that he was never in her life. I mean, it makes sense that he was never in her life because otherwise he would have had to corrupt her from the beginning, but Anna is way for accepting, trusting and forgiving than I would have been in her situation.

Anna also graduates from high school in this book! I did not really care for the fluffiness of Anna graduating. Patti actually started to annoy me a lot during this part of the book. She is just too good and nice. Dial it down a notch, Patti.

I really did not care at all for the love triangle between Anna, Kope and Kai either. We all know Anna will end up with Kai in the end. Speaking of Kai and Anna...

There was a very steamy scene between Anna and Kai near the end of the book. My first thought while reading it was "I thought this was more of a Christian YA!" Of course, nothing actually happened but it was unexpected.

Overall, I did enjoy the book but I was not in love with it like I was the first book.

Rating: 3 our of 3

No comments:

Post a Comment