Thursday, April 23, 2015

The History Book Club Read-a-Thon: April

The History Book Club on goodreads is having another read-a-thon this month. The date for April is the 25th. The rules say that you can read whatever you like but in the spirit of the group, I am going to try to stick with books set in the past, historical fiction/YA, nonfiction books about history or current events. Below is a list of books I currently have that I can choose to read during this and future read-a-thons in this group. There are five more read-a-thons scheduled for this year so no worries if I don't get to all my books on the 25th.

My goal is to read at least 20 Books by the last read-a-thon.

Obviously I am not going to write post reviews here for non-YA books, but I wanted to make this post to organize my read-a-thon plans and to invite everyone reading this to join us

Non-Fiction Books

Winner Take All by Dambisa Moyo
Religio Romana Handbook by Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Meditations on the Roman Deities by Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Temple of the Cosmos by Jeremy Naydler
Dancing for Hathor by Carolyn Graves-Brown
Dreaming in Hindi by Katherine Rich
The Three Empresses by Philip Longworth
Finding God: Selected Responses by Rifat Sonsino
Without You There is No Us by Suki Kim
Dear Leader by Jang Jin-Sung

Historical Fiction and Young Adult Books (list needs to be updated)


Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine

Historical Romances

The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall
Athenais by Lisa Hilton
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah McLean
Figures in Silk by Vanora Bennet
A Lilly Among Thorns by Rose Lerner
Britannia by Letitia Coyne

No comments:

Post a Comment