Thursday, September 27, 2012

Book Haul 1






I love going out and then coming home with a huge pile of books. I had some extra cash one day so I was able to get a few new books. Sorry for the messy table in the picture. That's my art table so I tend to get paint on it. The paint is dry though. I wouldn't want to damage any books.

The first book in this pile is Stolen by Lucy Christophere. I actually won this in a give away from Pretty Deadly Reviews during the Summer Wrap-Up Read-A-Thon. I was so excited to get this book, so thank you for this! The book is about a young girl who gets kidnapped and held captive in rural Australia. I have started reading this book and so far it is very well written and interesting to read about.

The next two books are Figures in Silk and The Iron King. I got these two at Barnes and Noble for about fifteen dollars. I have been wanting to read The Iron King for a very long time now so I'm so happy that I now have a copy. I am waiting for the Fairy Tale Read A Thon though before I start on this book. Also, I just have to add that the cover for this book is beautiful. The theme of the cover is even carried on inside as a header design above each new chapter. I am so glad I have a physical copy of this book for that reason alone!

The last five books are the books I got at Building 19 for roughly the same amount of money that I spent at Barnes and Noble. There are so really cheap books at Building 19 and they are not all bad like one might assume. The books I got are Tell Us We're Home, Sea: A Novel, I, Cariandez (I will also be reading this for the Fairy Tale Read A Thon), Luis Barragan, and Tabaimo. The last two are art books and I've already spazzed out about getting a copy of Tabaimo at my art blog. Of the last five books I have only started reading Sea: A Novel and so far it is a pretty good book.

All of these books sound really interesting and I can't wait to read them! Has anyone else read any of these books? I would love to read some reviews and/or thoughts of other people who have read any of these books that I've recently gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment